Thursday 3 March 2016

my best birthday gift

Music has been a common bond between me and my beau. The moment I say this I cannot help but recognize the somewhat quirky side of my #SadaSexy . Throughout the year he dresses up to impress me and his hair style specially when he makes that puff a la Elvis Presley Puff and croons the melodious number is something to die for that has got him quite a few fan following who are mostly girls. If this were not enough to make him my proud possession and also jealous some times is the fact that whenever my birthday or our anniversary approaches he begins to put a lot of oil in his hair and his Elvis puff gets transformed into a K.L.Sehgal hair style. If this was not enough he becomes a living incarnation of K.L Sehegal himself. Now do not get me wrong I have nothing against the great singer . In fact I love his singing however try to imagine the predicament of a girl whose boyfriend suddenly dons the avatar of K.L. Sehgal and starts singing “Hum Jeekar Kya Karenge Jab Dil Hi toot Gaya” which translates to What is the purpose of living with a broken heart. This is the song he sings for me in front of all my friends at my birthday party. It is very embarrassing and uncalled for choice of a song when every thing between me and him is quite well and hunky dory. This makes our made for each other jodi appear as a combination of Chalk and Cheese. I fail to understand what triggers this transform in him at the time of my birthday and our anniversaries. So last birthday when he said he wanted to make my birthday special it set the alarm bells ringing for me and I thought it was time to put a stop to this embarrassing repeated act of his and to have a heart to heart discussion with him .So at the first opportunity I donned my drama queen avatar and belted out dialogues
Bangla,Gadi,Rupiya Paisa mujhe chahiye par pehle chahiye ek wada Kasam khao ki tum Meri birthday aur hamari anniversary par na K.L. Sehgal ki tarah bal chiptaoge na unke dard bhare gaane gaoge” Meaning that on my birthday and on our anniversaries neither would by boyfriend stick his hair nor sing the sad songs of Mr. K.L. Sehgal. It was a Meena Kumari performance that shook him out of his wits and he had no choice and take this Kasam and promise me that he would not be donning the avatar of Mr. K.L. Sehgal. However on the day of my birthday I waited for him but he was nowhere to be found. Everyone had gathered at my place and were asking me to cut the cake and I was waiting for my guy . Then suddenly the lights went off and I heard a familiar voice and the words I heard were ….
Nothing gonna change my love for you ...It was my guy singing that soulful song and sweeping me off my feet once again.

“I’m blogging about the kasams I want from my man this Women’s Day with the #SadaSexy activity at BlogAdda in association with Set Wet.”  




No comments:

Post a Comment